Welcome back, Royal Watchers! We’ve got a lovely afternoon tea with a selection of gossip about your favorite Royals. Won’t you join me?
Camilla Thinks Charles Is Fit
Prince Charles–who survived the coronavirus earlier this year–is back out and doing public engagements. His wife credits it to his constitution, which is like a “mountain goat.” Okay…?
The 71-year-old senior Royal has always been health conscious. However, Camilla told BBC Radio host Emma Barnett that he “is probably the fittest man of his age I know.”
If you’re not down with slightly dated British slang, “fit” can also mean “good-looking and attractive.” I like to think that Camilla is being a bit cheeky here. She also said that he will “walk and walk and walk. He’s like a mountain goat, he leaves everybody miles behind.”
Kate Really, Really Misses Wimbledon
Duchess Kate is well-known for her love of the annual tennis tournament. She even narrated a short video about Wimbledon’s decision to cancel this year’s event.
This week–during what should have been the finals weekend for the tournament–Kate and British tennis star Andy Murray surprised a group of children. In a video that was shared on YouTube. Kate and Andy chat with kids from the Bond Primary School in South London.
Meghan Fights for Her Friends’ Privacy
Duchess Meghan might be out of the Royal game, but she’s still fighting hard. The latest battle? Trying to block tabloids from exposing her friends in what she called “clickbait” articles.
Meghan filed paperwork to block Associated Newspapers from their “vicious” attempt to expose her friends, according to a report from ‘Town and Country.’ The crux of the matter is the identity of five of her friends who spoke to ‘People Magazine’ last year about the Duchess.
The legal paperwork claims that the publishing company “is threatening to publish the names of five women—five private citizens—who made a choice on their own to speak anonymously with a U.S. media outlet more than a year ago.”
This is only the latest move in Harry and Meghan’s crusade against the ‘Daily Mail’ and the ‘Mail on Sunday,’ which are both owned by Associated Nespapers.
‘The Crown’ Gets Surprise 6th Season
Months after Netflix announced that season 5 of the hit series ‘The Crown’ would be its last… something changed. Creator Peter Morgan initially claimed that he had planned to run six seasons, with each of the lead actresses (Claire Foy, Olivia Coleman, and Imelda Staunton) portraying the role of the Queen for two seasons each.
Then Morgan was giving interviews about realizing that season 5 was “the perfect time and place to stop.” Netflix seemed to agree, cutting the series short. Some Royal conspiracy theorists think this move was due to the fact that we were getting into the drama involving Andrew and Fergie, as well as the Wales princes as young men.
Now we will get a sixth season. However, it will stop short of Meghan Markle’s debut into the Royal family. Morgan is also likely to avoid discussing Prince Andrew’s relationship with Jeffrey Epstein, even though they were partying together during the time covered in the show.